Monday, February 18, 2013

Feeling inadequate?

My blog is getting a makeover.  Rather than looking at specific scriptures for "Going Deeper", I want to encourage more interaction and dialogue.  Therefore, I am going to use questions related to the sermon I preach each week to offer opportunities for dialogue.  Don't worry.  If you did not hear the sermon, I will provide a small summary to keep you in the loop.  So let's discuss, let's talk, let's share, pray, and offer support as we walk with Christ together ... Along the Way.

Yesterday I spoke about God's call to join Him in His mission (Exodus 2:23-3:15), and our feelings of inadequacy in answering that call.  The mission is God's (Exodus 3:7-8), yet He calls us to accomplish it (Exodus 3:10).  So how do we deal with our feelings of inadequacy (feeling "Who am I?") when God calls?

Moses dealt with it by being honest.  He was honest about his feelings of inadequacy.  He laid it out right before God, and God answered him by showing that only God is adequate because He is "I AM".

So what about you?  How do you deal with feelings of inadequacy?  Is there something God is calling you to do, yet you feel inadequate?  That's okay.  I believe that our inadequacy is our only qualification to answer God's call because in our weakness God displays His own strength.  So how do you feel inadequate, and how might we be able to pray that God will show you that He will give you what you need to do what He asks?

Let's discuss, let's talk, let's share, pray, and offer support as we walk with Christ together ... Along the Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment