Tuesday, March 25, 2014

... Along the way - March 25, 2014

So what do you do when you feel discouraged?  How do you handle it?

Well, as much as I like to point us to scripture passages that illuminate and guide us on the journey of life, today, I just can't seem to find the words.

Oh I know there are words.  I know God's word says, "Seek first the kingdom of heaven and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33) and "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the majesty in heaven." (Hebrews 12:3) and "Seek the Lord while He may be found, call on Him while He is near." (Isaiah 55:6) and "I have learned the secret of being content in all circumstances, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13).   And I am sure you can add some of your own.

I know the truth.  I know what God has said, and I believe it in my mind, but I still feel discouraged in my heart.  Why?  I really can't say.   There is not one thing to which I can point.   I know this past year has been one of transition and change.  I realize my dad died a little more than 5 months ago, and maybe I am stuck in some sort of unrealized grief pattern.  I don't really know.   I wish I knew, but I don't.

So what do you when you feel discouraged?  How do you handle it?

I imagine I am not the only one who feels this way from time to time.  The pressures of life, struggles and pain, setbacks and confrontations, all of it can leave us feeling discouraged.  So what do you do?
How do you handle it?  I would appreciate your comments, and your prayers as we journey together along the way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment