Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8, 2013 - Along the way ...

It has been a few weeks since I have written.  I apologize.  My journeys along the way ... have been many.  I have had opportunities to worship with brothers and sisters in Canada, hear stories of what God is doing around the world (particularly in West Africa among predominantly Muslim nations), and join members of the New Mexico Air National Guard in worship (both Catholic and Protestant).

It has been quite a few weeks indeed.   So what has God been teaching me along the way ...

I think of Elijah on the run from Jezebel following the remarkable events on Mount Carmel (see I Kings  18:16-39).  Exhausted, bewildered, and near the end of his rope, the living God appeared to Him.  God told him several things, but most importantly God told him, "Yet I reserve 7,000 in Israel - all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and all whose mouths have not kissed him." (I Kings 19:18)

This is what I have seen in my journeys along the way ...  God has His people.  They come from many different tribes, nations, and tongues, but they are all His and remain loyal to His cause.

It is a wonderful privilege to be a part of the worldwide people of God, and may we never forget that as  we journey we do not journey alone along the way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment